PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying over London: Heli-lanes etc
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2005, 12:43
headsethair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And they've expanded the TRA to cover the Lea Valley. Latest NOTAM says active until 11z Monday.To answer your question - very unusual circumstances. I understand that the initial "Exclusion" was ordered at Govt high level - which hasn't happened for years.
Surely the "event" has happened ? There's nothing to see. The Tavistock Sq bus site is largely tree covered and everything else is going on underground.
London HEMS alone did 32 sectors on Thursday - the Police must have done a lot more time in the air. I'm pretty certain that the addition of G-OITN and Skynews One to the mix would not have assisted in any way. Additionally there was a lot of mil traffic in and out of various barracks and Royal flights and Blair moving back and forth.
Battersea has stayed open - and I can only guess that H4 was closed past Vauxhall to IoD as a security precaution due to sensitive areas beneath.
Skynews got lucky having returned from Edinburgh on the Wednesday ready for coverage of the Olympic arrival. They got in before the TRA went up.
BBC repositioned Newsflight One urgently from north of Edinburgh (G8) and had it (G-PIXX) up for most of the afternoon.