PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 13:38
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankgod. Its Over!

Hey guys!

Did you miss me??? I am so sorry that I haven't been online in a little while but I have been studying hard for today's huge final Emergency procedures exam. I PASSED IT!!! Even the practical assessment too!!! I am sooooo relieved that it is all over. Now we only have 8 days of training left, and I start flying on September 4. My first day is to Brisbane. YAY!!! Sunshine and pleasant weather at last.

Now for something I have neglected. The diary.

Virgin Blue Training. Week 4, Day 1. August 21, 2006. 9 days to go

The count down is on. I finish on Friday week. OMG Today was our pool day where we go down to the swimming pool (at the Qantas training facility) and go for a swim in their pool... with our life jackets on. First thing this morning we all gathered at the Virgin training centre and we had a bit of theory about survival in a life raft - and that was ok... and then we had lunch and we were expected to meet at the Qantas pool at 2pm. We all got changed into our bathers, shorts and tshirts and put on our life jackets and jumped into the pool. We had a go at dragging someone who was "unconscious" through the water (even though my unconscious person was giggling her head off ) and then we had to do some other activities like get into a life raft - easier said than done. Some people really struggled with the raft - one girl wasn't able to get in on her own - but was eventually dragged into the raft!

We were allowed to go home after the pool day - and everyone went home to hit the books and study after one hell of a day. Tomorrow is the big exam... Practical and Written.

Virgin Training School. Week 4, Day 2. Tuesday August 22nd. 2006 (8 days left)

What a day! PHEW! ITS OVER!!! - Today was our final exam for Standard and Emergency procedures. It was by far the most difficult we have had. I scored 97% on the exam - so you can imagine; how excited I was. The practical was a bit scary but I made it through. Everyone did well, and now for the next 1.5 weeks, we will be focusing on the service, and how to set up for doing the service... yada yada yada...

Sorry guys, I am cutting this short. Nothing apart from the exams happened today. I am just sooooooooo glad that its all over.

Hope everyone is well. If you have any questions, let me know. It is fun but stressful all at the same time. Can't wait to be out online.

Cheers!
STF