PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Safety Audit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 12:16
J.O.

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
maui:

Point taken, and the use of the word "torture" was mine and not his. I'm big enough to admit that it was inflammatory and I have ammended the posting accordingly. FWIW, I do not think it is "petty" to voice one's displeasure when someone changes the rules mid-game, regardless of who owns the train set. To hear the experiences of several expats about the treatment they've received, it's hard not to view it in the way that I did, coming as I do from a culture where such treatment is considered unprofessional and not conducive to making the operation safer. The use of FDM data for punitive purposes does not make an operation safer either, it just makes some people afraid to exercise reasonable command authority.

Where I come from, the vast majority of trainers, check pilots and line-flying colleagues receive you with the assumption that you are a professional who is there to do your very best, but that you're also a human being who can occasionally experience a helmet fire. Being called "stupid" for making an honest human error isn't my idea of a good time.