PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Bog' standard Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 10:57
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted by Slim Slag
Anyway, back to the thick of it. Good old SXB says it's not a real airline if you don't get a seat assigned. Southwest doesn't assign seats therefore cannot be a real airline. SXB has never flown them and by his own admission says he cannot comment. But surely SXB that is what some here are saying, which is one shouldn't comment on an airline if you don't fly them? And by your specific definition of what a "real" airline is, you have indeed commented on Southwest.

People on here constantly say "I'd never fly Ryanair but they are cr@p because people on the internet say they are". Best of all are the ones on here who say "Well I think Ryanair are rubbish, but I flew them once and I was pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't fly them again because they are cr@p"
Exremely unfair comment slim slag. I have not commented on SW, I have simply stated my needs, which is that I need an airline that has a large route network all over the world, if an airline does not have such a network than they are of no use to me.

I am in Albania at the moment and I considered all airlines which fly here from my point of departure. Unsurprisingly the list was short, RYR don't fly here but some of my trusted legacy carriers do.

I have travelled with RYR in the past when paying out of my own money but as FBW says they simply are not for some of us. This applies to products and services in general, not just airlines. We all choose how we spend our money whether it be cars, restaurants, ISPs, chocolate etc