PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 09:50
lazyjai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REd Green Colour deficiency

Hi everyone ...I am a new member of this site ... This site is great and i learned alot from other's experiences. I have a few questions, and i am hoping that someone can give me a hand.
I just realized that i have REd Green Colour deficiency . I failed the Ishihara test and my optomerist is booking the Lantern test for me. I was reading some of the posts from this site and others are stating that Airlines (such as CX, KA ..etc) have their own medical standards. Even if i am qualify for Class 1, airlines might not accept me since their medical standards are usually tougher than Class1 standards. I emailed the aviation doctor for CX and he said as long as i pass the lantern test, i will be qualify for Class 1 in Hk . But he did not say whether CX accepts anyone with Colour deficiency.
I am currently in my 2nd year of university study and i want to make Flying my career. I got to start saving money for flying school if i am to pursue my career as a pilot. I am just wondering if there is a way to Know the airlines medical standards? Will my colour vision problem prohibit me from getting into airline such as CX? enough for CX.

Thanks you
best regard
steve