PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what is the worst ever salary?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2002, 21:01
Flintstone

Well said Harry Wragg. Sauce for the goose and all that.

ADC. Firstly, I have exactly the same attitude as you when it comes to keeping my family fed. I'll do any job I have to (and I've had some beauties) but I will not stoop to undercutting those I consider to be colleagues. Maybe I have a somewhat rose-tinted view of the world but at least I will never have to worry about who I might sit next to on the flight deck or opposite at the interview board. As we all know, it's a small world. Instead of attacking me shouldn't you be directing your ire at the "...guy who walks in the door and offers to do your job for less..."?

Pointer, I wish you would make yours clearer. I'm assuming that English is not your first language but despite having read your post many times it still doesn't make sense.

You pasted in a quote from me and accuse me of calling my colleagues something. Nowhere in that passage do I call anyone anything. I was expressing the opinion that they should be paid properly. I am on their side, geddit?!

On the other hand if we are talking about the sort of person who flys for nothing (or worse) then that's a different story. For those people I have nothing but contempt and before you accuse me of being arrogant again I would point out that back in the days when I held a shiny new CPL I was offered similar opportunities and turned them down.

I'm sorry if you were taken in by a flying school who made empty promises. That's an entirely different subject but if you want to let off steam start a thread. Trust me, it's good for the soul.

[ 02 February 2002: Message edited by: Flintstone ]</p>