PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what is the worst ever salary?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2002, 01:05
B2N2

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool

In nov.after paying my rent I was left with $85 to live for a month.Made it,thanks to cheap noodles....... .The ripple-effect of sept 11 I guess.. .Been out of the Holland-loop for 2 years now,but this is still common practice.. .The big aviation-schools(yes the 0-ATPL ones)promise you the world.Like a "garanteed F/O internship",valuable jet/turbine experience etc.. .Almost fell for it too...couldn't afford it though.. .Small carriers/charters/freighters sometimes have an exclusive deal with one of the big schools.. .They only accept their students and make'em pay for their type-rating.Up to $45000..... .Somebody I used to know did this with Tulip-air out of Rotterdam.Spend a year standby,meaning the'd call him and he had to be there in 45min.Any time of the day.. .I'll work for low wages(if it's a step up or leading to..)but this is plain stupid.. .Market-forces...yes..big pool of sharks...also... .Just remember,it takes a lot of hard work to get anywhere,a couple of years of your life and don't give all your money to the first magician that blows a lot of smoke.