PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Safety Audit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 05:20
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
JO

There is no sacrafice in it. I know of no-one who is here because he wants to better mankind. We are here for various reasons and we have all come here voluntarily. Some to get a few more dollars at the end of a career, some who for various reasons, had (at the time) few viable options. Some just get on and do the job they were hired for, and some take the opportunity to assist in change. Some others decide for various reasons, some of which ELAC has touched on, that a long term future here is not for them. Others who have somehow managed to upset the locals (often unintentionally and most times unknowingly), have found their career a little shorter than desireable. No shame, in any of that. Move on and do something else.

HOWEVER.

There are those that remain, that have to continue to work in this sometimes less than friendly environment and those that feel compelled to continue to strive to improve that environment. None are served well by comments such as "torture" or the publication of petty personal observations, such as parts of the subject "Delta report".
There are proper channels and ways of bringing to relevant persons/authorities anything that is out of whack. This forum is not one of those.

Consider the feelings of those many good and earnest Koreans who read on these pages constant villification of their culture/training/standards. There is a very strong possibility that some will use such attacks as justification for withdrawing and putting up the barricades. They know there are differences. Some they wish to change and some they consider need none. Thats their choice, it is their train set after all. It's up to those of us here to try to ensure that their desires are modified to align with worlds best practice. ELAT has had cause (justifiably) to take someone to task over derogatory comments about Canadians. Should the Koreans not feel the same outrage.

I have no problem with the gentleman of whom we have spoken. I have enjoyed his company and I wish him well. I have on more than one occassion recommended him for positions suited to his significant background and skills. Unfortunately my recommendations were discounted.

I am sorry if he feels he was tortured, but in my 10 plus years here I have yet to experience such. Unsatisfactory behaviour, yes. Vindictive behaviour, Yes by a few misguided individuals, (tell me where that has not happened). But torture, gimmee a break. The door is always open and he choose to walk through it, (both ways).

ELAC

Greetings. Always wondered who you were in the KALIOnU days. Now the pieces fall into place.

BTW had breakfast this morning with a guy recently from another Asian carrier, who considers he has died and gone to heaven. Horses for courses I guess.

Maui

Last edited by maui; 22nd Aug 2006 at 06:08.