PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 04:31
Sylphie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Weeeee. Go Hostee.

Anyway, I was reading the VB post on cabincrew.com and most of the people who had their VRD's got reference checks and even medicals within two weeks of their VRD. I got a letter saying it is still being processed and that you will hear from us (VB) again in two weeks. It has now nearly been three weeks and nothing!!! I keep asking my references if they have heard anything and the answer is NO. Does anyone know why it takes so long to process??
I saw that thread too. Those girls were all very lucky, such quick responses by recruitment and the whole process didn't take them long.
I thought that if you got that e-mail, like you did FYD, that you could be waiting four weeks? Hang in there. You are in a far better position than most of us here, so keep thinking positively!

You have to remember not to compare too directly to other people's recruitment processes. For one it can take three days to be asked to a medical, another who ends up in the same GS group might take the full 14 days. It shouldn't be looked at so intently even though it's what we tend to do when we stress. Don't I know it!! Haha.

Anyway's. To the process in general.. The whole thing is so draining and emotionally taxing on so many. You just have to remain determined like those I have come across here. Don't give up. I still have to wait 9 months til I can even think of applying again for DJ but I will. I am counting down the days, trying to keep up to date with the company and my own skills and knowledge. I think the victory will taste even sweeter if it happens after a second attempt with the same company because I will appreciate it even more knowing how hard it was to be shut down. You can never stop learning about the ins and outs to the recruitment process and that's what will make you a better candidate over a beginner next year. That's what I keep telling myself.

ANYWAYYY enough depressive talk.

Congrats Hostee! I KNEW you would get through. I am so glad for you that you get to come home. That's awesome. Fill us all in on the details!

STF I hope everything's going well. You're nearly done! You'll be flying soon.