PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Safety Audit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 01:33
J.O.

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks ELAC. I trust you're finding the new surroundings somewhat more palatable. Different spices, same heat level, I expect.

It's clear you know the individual of whom I speak. And for the record, he is not the only person who has related to me stories of significant cultural issues which still make the KE experience far from ideal, even with the amount they pay. I don't begrudge anyone who is trying to make the best of it there, including our man maui. Good on them for going over there and helping to make KE a far safer operation than it was before. There is honour in their willingness to make the significant personal sacrifice.

I hope my career luck is better than some have had, and that I'm able to continue saving for my retirement such that I won't have to make that sacrifice some day. I have no illusions that the day may come when I'll have to consider it, because it would be nothing more than luck to be employed where I am now when retirement day comes, given the history of this crazy biz.