PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA use in Courting
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2006, 22:33
scooter boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stop press ***chicks dig pilots***

Sorry chaps - missed this thread while it was warm.

All I can say is that those of us comprising the fatter and uglier quadrant of the pilot demographic need all the help we can get when it comes to finding a mate!

Of course it is sad to boast about being an airline captain when you haven't enrolled on your PPL course yet but, hey, if the line works for you and if she is dumb enough to believe it then where's the harm? All is fair in love and war.

As for the point about the gulfstream V not making you sexy I am sorry but even Quasimodo would definitely have pulled with one of those. Now if he also had a decent helicopter he could have found himself a supermodel! A certain diminutive director or formula 1 with a beautiful croatian model wife springs to mind. Money talks I'm afraid, gentlemen.

Scooter girl still embarrases me publicly every time anybody asks how we met (10 years and sprogs ago) by recounting my trying to impress her by taking her flying on our first date. Personally I think it was the glint of the 5 bar Air Vice Marshall gold epaulettes that clinched it in my favour - they certainly diverted her attention away from the crappy old cessna I had rented.

It worked though!

SB