PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Academy Scotland
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2006, 19:58
dunnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is perhaps not pertinent (in light of the apparent police investigation(s)) to discuss some aspects of FAS however it is valid to ask about, and comment on, their relationships with clients. This was the purpose of the first posting by alpha06 who will no doubt make his/her own judgement.

Liteboy seems to have had a good experience with FAS in Cumbernauld (law of averages?) and he is right in suggesting that FAS in Aberdeen got caught. They got caught out by their clients.

Let us examine their business model (based on my own personal experience):

-I saw no delivery on the new aircraft that were promised at the start of their tenure
-I saw no delivery on the “investment” that they had promised (admittedly details were never that definite on the exact nature of the investment)
-management rarely being seen by flying members of the club
-poor resource management of aircraft (often all would need checks at the same time therefore not leaving any flying aircraft in Aberdeen)
-not telling their students that flying had been cancelled
-not working with disgruntled customers.

There are lots of (strong) rumours about what happened financially and otherwise in Aberdeen, and while I am sure no-one would (or indeed) ought to post details in this forum you might be forgiven for thinking that there is no smoke without mirrors.

While liteboy resorts to expletives about the new arrangement for flying in Aberdeen I would suggest that things have got mightily better. Certainly the attendance at the new clubs social gathering was impressive and certainly shone out compared to the non-existent club atmosphere that pervaded while FAS were in charge. There was a good mix of young and old, new and experienced, private and commercial and I can only expect that this will continue to go from strength to strength.

A few points where liteboy and I definitely agree is that alpha06 should go and speak to instructors and students at all of the schools and to use the “pay-as-you-go” method of payment.

Happy and safe flying!