PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Customer Care{less}
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2001, 13:21
AffirmBrest

Smile

On schedules (where we have several flights a day) if a passenger has no hold baggage, and cannot find their way between check-in and the gate within 1 hour (minimum check-in time), we go.

If they have hold baggage, we wait a little longer as it can often cause more of a delay to find their bag to offload before we can go, but if we find it and they are still not here, we go (we cannot carry unaccompanied baggage, without a lot more paperwork and security checks).

Charters a bit different - a 'good' captain will be a bit more understanding, and probably be a bit more tolerant, if it really is the only flight they can take to their destination. And, let's face it, most charter pax do not visit the airport that often otherwise!

Still, the departure time is printed on the ticket, and if they'd rather spend a bit extra time in the bar or shops than get on the aircraft in good time, then f*ck 'em. Why should they cause delays for the rest of the sensible pax? Especially as the summer gets busier, a missed slot can mean HUGE delays to the next one. People under the impression the aircraft will wait for you - take note!

BAA have lot to answer for as well, with proliferation of bars between check-in and the gate have the potential to cause many other problems in-flight as well as on the ground. But then again I'm sure BAA are wondering why they can't use all that long flat bit of concrete they can see out of the window to build another shopping mall on...

Sorry zfw - just read your profile and see you'd probably know all the above anyhow. as for dealing with the consequences, not being funny but isn't that what you guys and your colleagues in Greece get paid for? I would suggest, that if the company takes an item of baggage from a customer, then it has the responsibility of getting it back to them.

And I can't believe that the aircraft pushing back with pax on the jetty did so without the agreement of the dispatcher or consideration of the bag situation. You guys are usually pretty good, and are as pi$$ed off with slow pax as we are!
------------------
...proceeding below Decision Height with CAUTION...

[This message has been edited by AffirmBrest (edited 06 May 2001).]