PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Academy Scotland
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2006, 13:01
liteboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There seem to be a lot of peoiple on this site that have a lot to say about FAS, most of which is posted without details and hiding behind the old 'the police etc. are involved and I can't say anymore, nudge nudge, wink wink' and this is supposed to give their story credibility.
FAS Aberdeen in my opinion tried to offer affordable flying from Aberdeen and got caught short. Have you looked at the price of hourly flying there now, since the demise of FAS Aberdeen, F k!!

I started my PPL training with FAS Cumbernauld almost 1 year ago and when I approached them they went to great lengths to ensure that I checked out the other options available to me. They were extremely open and in the year of dealing with them have found them to be a very profesional and friendly bunch. None of the other two establishments could offer landing fees included with the hourly rate and I chose FAS, a decision I have not regretted. I would not want to be financially restricted in the number of landings I make any more than the cost of the flying hours I am consuming.
Imagine the scenario that you are doing circuits and having a good day (rare for me) but have to cut short the landings because you are aware every one is adding £8 to the bill, not good. The aircraft, Diamond Katanas (similar to the other schools at Cumbernauld) are easy to fly and do not bite.
I would reccomend FAS to anyone, however would use 'pay as you go' as a payment method. I would also recommend this for any flight school as none of them seem particularly financially secure.

Liteboy