PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - English Test for ATCOS
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2006, 10:17
planeenglish

Take me downwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I heard it like this...

Tex went to London on a business trip. He decides to go sight-seeing. He hailed a cab and told the driver to show him some sights, but had only half an hour to do so.

The cab driver said "What would you like to see? Perhaps Buckingham palace would interest you." Tex replied, "Where's that at?" The cab driver looked at Tex and replied, "My dear sir, you should never end your sentence with a preposition." Tex looked at the cab driver with a small grin and replied, "Ok, Where's that at, a**hole?".

Apart from the English...

Off they went, the cab driver described some of the sights as they passed them. "...and over here we have the Palace of Westminster. It took 13 years to build." Tex laughed and replied, "Hell, in Texas we'd have built that in 6 months!".

The cab driver continued, "...and then we have Buckingham Palace. It took over 75 years to build." Tex laughed even harder this time and said, "Well, hell, I'd of had that built in 12 months, no problem".

By this time the cab driver was getting annoyed and drove past the Tower of London. Tex looked and waited for the cab driver to tell him more about this exciting edifice. The cab driver was silent. Finally, Tex asked, "Hey, what was that?". The cab driver looked around perplexed, "Oh, that sir, I've no idea. That wasn't here yesterday."

Best to all,
PE