PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest
Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2006, 06:19
ebt

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Skystar320
Okay i am complelty lost...................................

Keeping myself down on all hand and knees there seems to be alot of talk of indeed Skywest will receieve any A320's its simple

"Where to put them"

Logical thinking PER - SYD PER - MEL sectors though slot issues at the common user terminal at perth will be a problem. Though they could run them up to DRW, BME and even SIN, DPS, CGK or Port headland - CKG = getting extremely good loads

"Getting another F50"

Okay now this is an i remember 2yrs ago they had a Fokker 50 sitting on the ground for majority of the week and flying not much revenue service.
They were sourcing the aircraft to a local operator in Indonesia for that Fokker 50.
Okay thinking caps on. They have made a Fooker 50 freigher!!!! could it be one of them to operate the inland coast run with Horizon did years ago?

"More F100's"

Okay brilliant machines work well but a limited contracts and routes means where do they put them???? PER - KGI PER - ADL logical thinking.

Okay gtg run those beans need to be counted.

What u say guys / girls
Got to agree with you on the A320 services. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with them, and I'd say those routes are the most likely.

As for the Fokker 50s, it won't be a freighter. Word around is that they are taking an ex-MAS machine that FlyAsianExpress aren't going to use. From what I hear those F50s are getting a workout at the moment, given they've picked up a couple of new routes under the last round of licensing. Also charter interest may be there (contract and ad hoc stuff), as well as just having another bird on the ground for when one goes u/s.

Fokker 100s - compete more with QF Link, use them to build routes and frequency matched with the A320s, take more contracts. PER could become quite a haven for this type with Alliance moving a couple over. From what I see the competition for more contract work is going to be particularly fierce between Skywest and Alliance as QF's 717s won't suffice at many ports and NJS is kind of limited with their BAes. Remember that Fortescue Metals and a hole bunch of others are likely to be opening up around Headland soon, so there should be plenty of FIFO work.