PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 21st Aug 2006, 02:10
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ron and Edna

Why would you want to take an Aborigine on as carry on luggage??

Everyone else
I have tried experimenting with my sons chemistry set for the last two nights and i still cant get a tube of toothpaste to explode! I have tried Crest, Colgate, Macleans etc, but the stuff will not explode, no matter what i do to it. I cant set it on fire, i cant detonate it. Even more difficult have been my attempts to set fire to my bottle of water. Evian, Buxton Spring, Perrier, they are all the same. Once the bottle melts the fire seems to go out. Am i missing something? Anyone with any ideas greatly appreciated. My next move is to attach in turn, 4 pounds of PE to the toothpaste and water, with duct tape and see if that will make it explode. If it works i suggest with immediate effect that no passenger(or pilot for that matter!!!) is permitted to carry Plastic Explosives on board the aircraft if they are in possession of toothpaste or water.

Just another thought, maybe, just maybe all of the sleepers have been put in jobs in airport security. It might explain the incredible inconsistencies, and they are after all causing more havoc world-wide than the loss of an aircraft. It would be interesting to know which nationalities say you cant take your pen on board.

Last edited by Tigs2; 21st Aug 2006 at 02:21.