PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Everything about Hong Kong Express Interviews
Old 21st Aug 2006, 01:50
Will_Fly_4_food

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I copied my reply from another thread below.

I have done the interview, and know three others that did it last week in Melbourne, we compared notes and it goes like this…

1. Group talk
2. One on one interview
3. Lunch
4. Sim

Entire day run by two very experienced gentlemen, with a long history's in Hong Kong airlines like Cathay and Dragon etc. It was a relaxed and informal mostly, and they told old stories from the past and had a few laughs.

Group talk: they told us about life in Hong Kong, and the company, pay and conditions. We then went into a group question and answer exercise. Asked CRM type questions, performance and aerodynamics’ based questions. Went for about 30-60 mins.

One on one interview. They asked about our previous jobs, about our personal lives and a few tech type questions, again performance or high speed aerodynamics based. How you would like living in Hong Kong etc.

Lunch

Simulator exercise. Done in a 737-300 simulator, basically 2 circuits. I sat in the left seat but you can choose the Left or right seat depending on your preference.

Session: Take off, clean up, climb at 250 knots, turns left and right, fly the ILS, execute a missed approach. Engine failure occurs after you have cleaned up and then you are repositioned to do a second ILS followed by a landing.

It was an easy exercise and not a problem for the guys who have time on type, or bought themselves some practice simulator time on the classic before hand, but the guys who have never flown the 737 said they struggled. Just not enough time to get used to the aircraft in the 25-35 minutes in it.

The instructors said we were competing against ourselves not other candidates. Looking at us correcting errors quickly and not sustaining them.

The interview was a pleasant experience, and the interviewers were nice blokes. Now we wait for the results. Any one got an answer yet?