PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet basing policy
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2006, 23:19
bloggs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silverfox6, you really need to take a pill. You have the first line of the basing policy correct.However it would be possible to get a European base on first joining but only if the transfer list for that base was empty and no-one already in the company was waiting to go there. I stand to be corrected by others with more knowledge of this than myself (which wouldn't be hard). The whole uk contracts and seconded stuff sounds like legalese to me, and probably has something to do with EJ being a UK company. If you bothered to read a bit further the web site went on to explain...

It may not always be possible to offer you your preferred choice of base when you first join easyJet. You will however be able to apply for a transfer once your initial base has been allocated.

Our base allocation system works in the following way:

During your selection you will be asked for your base preferences which, if you are successful, will be added to our training plan
Approximately one month prior to the start of your training course, base vacancies are made available to the recruitment team
Your base preferences will be considered against this information and, where possible, a base will be allocated to you that matches one of your choices

Of course we cannot guarantee that your initial base will be one of your preferences.

You will receive a letter detailing your allocated base approximately one calender month prior to the start of your course, at which time, if necessary, you will be able to apply, via email, to your Base Captain for a change.

Your name will then be added to the transfer list which works on a (strictly) first-come, first-served basis. As soon as a vacancy arises at the base of your choice, and you are next in line, you will be offered the chance to move.

We endeavour to ensure that our current pilots will always have their first choice of base before external candidates are considered
Which I think is pretty self expanatory and also fair for a company of EJ's size. I don't know what else can be said to you, apart from if you can't figure it out from this then you are reading it the way you want it to be for some reason.

Enough said...