PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Bog' standard Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2006, 20:39
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So SXB, in your opinion it's only a "real" airline if it interlines your luggage and allocates you a seat. You cannot think much of Southwest then. Southwest are streets ahead of your favourite "real" airlne when it comes to giving their customers what they want. The times they are a changing, don't get left behind
In a word, yes. The vast majority of my trips involve multiple sectors so I expect my luggage to be transferred to my destination. For seat allocation I get to the airport early or checkin online to get the seat I want. BA are not my favourite airline, I simply use them as an example as most people on this forum appear to be UK based, though I do use BA, and like them. My favoured airlines change, at the moment most of my flights seem to be Lufthansa or Austrian and I am very happy with both companies. Over the last couple of months I've used AF quite a few times, historically I didn't like AF but my recent experiences have been postive, they have also been very good value.

As for Southwest I can't comment on this airline as I've never used them, that said my question would be - can they take me from a provincial french city and deliver me to virtually any major city in the world ? If the answer is no then I wouldn't be interested. The world may be changing but the vast majority business travellers are still choosing 'legacy'

Carr30
Picking the suit up from the cleaners tomorrow