PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 20th Aug 2006, 18:19
kylvis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accomodation

Originally Posted by elivassileva
Hi, all!!!

I have just returned from Dubai, where I was on vacation. It was quiet hot- like 50'c ,,my God! Really hot....

I have a friend of mine, she is also bulgarian, working for EK for 6 years already.And she is really pleased with the work conditions. I have visited her at the accommodation provided by Ek, and I can tell you- it is just incredible nice, modern and fully furnished accomadion...and big!

I'm still waiting for my call....since I have past my final in London. I have contacted them, but need another 2 weeks.. so patience...

Guys, never give up. I think that is EK psychology test..that make us waiting, so once you get the job, you are really happy, pleased and willing to work hard!
So, good luck to everybody!!!

And hope to see you in Dubai!!!

Elly
Hehe, did she also tell you that she probably is working as an SFS(Senior flight stewardess) or purser and if you are an SFS or purser you get a single person flat and that you get the best accomodation Emirates can offer???

It takes you at least 3 years to be an SFS and even longer to be a purser and before that, you are either gr2(grade 2 working in economy), gr1(grade 1 working in business or FG1(working in first class)......

In those first couple of years you get the ****ty appartments.... Emirates has a few buildings where the standard is good and some other where the standard is OK. In most of the buildings the standard is like they had to build more buildings in a couple of days so everything looks like that as well - sterile and cheap... The "normal" emirates accomodation is quite poor and looks really bad.

Well for some people it might look really nice but for me...well, I complained about it and I know lots of people who did the same. The answer you get is just "oh, we are aware of it but the managers approved the builiding..." Hmm..... So I would probably also be happy with my single appartment if I was a senior and could choose myself and actually get one of the nice flats.... :-)

So please guys, do not expect a 150 squaremeter flat with nice furnitures and good standard - the chances you get one of those appartments is almost 0! ...

Andy