PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 20th Aug 2006, 16:35
Symbian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrBernoulli you have to be the first pilot I have come across that thinks the present security measures will prevent anyone from flying an aircraft into a building. They are utterly ridiculous and only serve to piss as all off and quite honestly I think they are a slur on every professional pilot’s integrity.

An example of how absurd they are is I heard an American pilot on the chat freq tell everyone how security had let his air marshal through with his gun but relieved him of his toothpaste!

No amount of security will prevent a sleeper or someone who’s had an argument with his wife partner etc from flying his/her aeroplane into a building or another aircraft. A well known freight company with a disgruntled employee on board nearly achieved it. It was only the tenacity and skill of the professional crew that saved the day.

It is about bloody time that governments and security especially the keystone cop’s variety started treating us with the respect we all deserve no matter what greed or believes.

Last edited by Symbian; 20th Aug 2006 at 18:15.