PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 20th Aug 2006, 12:40
World of Tweed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2ps worth.

Profiling - Good Idea - Lets take a look at the israelis methods but I'd recommend stopping short of descimating any neighbouring nations.

Bernouilli - I cannot understand your point of view. Fine, I accept someone may be "turned", but I don't think they'll be using some colgate and a Nokia to carry out their mission. I could be stark b"£$$ock naked in the flight deck and still be a threat.

Unfortunately I believe that where we are now is a untenable security situation that is starting to a commercially impact the viability of air travel to an extent that some airlines are begginning to employ "uncertainty" measures and is threatening the livelyhoods of thousands of British workers.

We have to accept that with any security regime THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A THREAT and if someone really wants to get to an aircraft - put something aboard it THEY WILL GET THROUGH eventually.

These current measures whilst pleasing to the eyes of the public/buraucrats etc.. are really quite dumb.

The measures are inconsistent, depend on which airport you are flying from and it would appear that each facility has added their UNIQUE stamp to them. i.e. at LPL now cars cannot use the pick up/drop off lanes..... they are a threat....but Black cabs....sure they are ok!! See my point.

At humberside we are told to check our overnight bags in, but we are then told once we get airside we can collect them from the baggage system to place them where we wish on the aircraft. ....again Whats the Point??

WoT