PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swissair vs. Crossair
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2001, 19:44
rdejo793

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

well... here`s some answer for the 2000 trucker and some help for mikey boy

why dont you LX pilots stand up and „donnerblitzen“ fight for a decent salary, because for the salary you get nowadays at the end of the month; i wouldnt even go singing at the salvation army at christmas time (sorry blokes, nothing against the S.A., they do a good job). you and your buddies have a unique chance to „upgrade“ from a regional carrier to a major (yes regional, look at the name of the awards LX got so far) and thus become from a „happy pilot with a happy salary“ to a „happy pilot with a decent salary“. because i see it as a win/win situation for you LX guys, win in payscale and pilot career.

so stop whining about these arrogant „shamelessly overpaid“ swissair pilots and look at the opportunities that will be given to you: instead of flying around in those long cigars with wings and a coffeebean grinder on each side, you`ll have the outlook of flying a „big“ thing, something youve only read about in „handling the big jets“ so far. if mr BIG M.S. decides by april next year not to include a reduced sr-fleet and only is going to use e.g. some 6 B767`s, youre still a „regional“, though with a few mid/longrange aircrafts, and you can be sure your pay will still be „regional“ too!!
it seems to me that you`re either a young eager“beaver“ copilot or an overly company-minded skipper, as it might not have occured to you, that some of the inspired inspirations of intrigue of your CCP-boss, mr T.H. come from the whispers of the mastermind of mr.BIG M.S. so wake up and remember that upgrading in the league of „majors“ also means upgrading your mentality and that is not the mentality of „happy pilots flying for food and fun only“, the mentality one so often meets in aeroclubs like Birrfeld or Grenchen. so trucker....take your chance or otherwise keep on truckin` and f......

best regards bu!!ship