PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 20th Aug 2006, 03:15
matzpenetration

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Latest Recruitment News

Apart from the courses already planned to the end of '06, BA has filled this years requirement for DEP's. The company is now waiting to get a feel for how many pilots wish to extend their retirement age after the the new age legislation reg's are implemented in October. Also, the training programme for sim and line training is bursting at the seams so a period of consolidation is required to clear the backlog.

Most vacancies on the 777 fleet are being filled from the transfer of experienced A320 pilots, therefore next years recruitment will almost exclusively be for the A320.

The reduced salaries that some people mention refer to SSP's. These are low hour pilots who do not meet the 500 jet / 1000 hr turboprop experience levels and are paid approx 65% salary for a period of time (not sure how long).

The outlook for recruitment is healthy but time to command and a poor pension mean that some pilots have left recently.

I'm not a trainer nor do I work in recruitment. The above is what I have gleaned from talking to various pilots involved in these areas. Hope it helps.