PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swissair vs. Crossair
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2001, 09:26
Raas767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know exactly what AA is paying Tower Dog. **** . His situation, however, will improve dramatically in year two. APA started "B" scale in 1984 and it took the union 20 years and 4 contracts to dig itself out. They did though, through some very difficult negotiations, with the toughest airline CEO this business has ever seen.
My postings on this forum is not intended to offend anyone, but I have watched one of my best friends, who is a Swissair pilot, go through paycut after paycut as SR's management has destroyed the airline through almost criminal incopetence while i'm sure each incompetent management team after another colected thier generous severence pay as a once proud Flag carrier was missmanaged into oblivion.
So. Pay and benefits, not to mention pension, that took 65 years to establish will soon evaporate to be replaced by what? What will Crossair pay an MD11 captain? A A320 captain, A A330 captain? The point is that in all this carnage lies an opportunity, because there is only one airline. They can't leverage one against the other. This should be the beginning of a drive to strengthen the union at Crossair , provide it with some teath, loby to change laws that allow you to strike and bring wages up, not down. What could possibly be the downside to that?