PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats Happening in the Torres Straits
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2006, 02:21
John Eacott

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by gulliBell
Crikey, I am out of touch. I was on that money in the Army at Duntroon in the mid-eighties, and I was a GSO. Surely the Army has handed out a payrise in the past 20 years?
Mil payrates are accessed via this site, here. Scroll down to "Pay Level" which has a further link to the full pay scales for all services.

Extract for SSO Pilot:

Salary while undertaking Military (Initial Officer) Training and Employment Training: $28,805 per annum ($1104.85 per fortnight)*. Trainees are promoted to the rank of Second Lieutenant at the completion of their Helicopter Tactics Course with a salary increase to $40,675 per annum ($1,560.14 per fortnight)*

Uniform Maintenance Allowance at a rate of $419 per annum ($16.06 per fortnight)* is paid to assist members to maintain an approved scale of uniforms in good order and condition. This increases to $682 per annum ($26.14 per fortnight)* after commissioning to the rank of Second Lieutenant.

Service Allowance at the rate of $9,691 per annum ($371.71 per fortnight)* is paid to all members (except for certain trainee categories) below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent. The allowance compensates a member for the unique requirements that service life may impose on an individual and his or her family.

Trainees with dependants may be entitled to Trainee's Dependant Allowance which is paid to enable trainees with dependants to receive a salary not less than $33,291 per annum ($1276.91 per fortnight) while training. Conditions apply. Speak to the Defence Recruiter for details.