PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swissair vs. Crossair
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2001, 07:41
Cisco Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IN fact yy LX is neither well led nor particularly efficient ,it has relied heavily on a SR wet lease to generate revenue over the years & SR pilots are far more productive (using any marketing indices you care to name)it now has 82 A/C (5 different types)& has really little chance of understanding nor running an intercontinental operation,I would suggest that apart from a handful of ex SR retirees not one LX pilot has ever operated on a long haul flight doesnīt really inspire confidence does it,all LX MD 80 pilots were trained by ex SR personnel & rumour has it that the new CEO failed in his command training on this A/C,itīs simply a question of training & ability LX can reach the standard but some will fall by the wayside.By the way any idea when Suter will replace the ADAS & cargo smoke detectors he removed from the ex SR MD80īs he operates ,Like I said itīs all a matter of standards ....not pilots salaries,I feel "flexible & dynamic" means work when told to;... free days included ,& ignore duty regulations even though you are exhausted.Anyway itīs probably all academic now ,SR senior management was pitiful I agree, but will the new team be any better I certainly hope so! but they will have to stop behaving like archetypal used car salesmen & look after the troops much better than at present.