PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Bog' standard Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2006, 21:56
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carr
That's right, it's about choice. RYR do operate cattle trucks, when the flight is called you are herded into 4 areas with little fences where you then await your fate. The aircraft RYR operate also cram more seats into the same area than a legacy carrier. When you travel with a real airline you get a boarding pass with a seat number, I always wait until everone else has boarded before taking my seat.

As regards your comments about point to point, again when you travel with a real airline you can choose any two places where that airline (or it's partners) flies to, and they will get you and your luggage to said place, with a legal responsibility. With RYR you can't do this, you can only choose destinations served, directly, by your departure point. You could buy two separate tickets but then RYR have no responsibility to get you, or your luggage, to your final destination.

My comments about cars and lunch, as you know full well, were to illustrate choice, which we all have.

I have nothing against RYR but their product simply isn't for me. If you and Daz like it then I wish you good luck and happy travels, should we meet in a departure lounge then you can both buy me a coffee with the money you've saved