PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BE hiring in from abroad?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2002, 21:14
Vee2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huggy has a point here, which is, unfortunately, undeniable:
[quote]But I have heard a lot to suggest that rules are not applied uniformly and evenly across several national boundaries, or, indeed, from one month to the next.
<hr></blockquote>

A former colleague, French but with a UK licence, is having all sorts of problems trying to get a job in France although it is, to all intents and purposes, a European (JAR) licence.

We are all, to a greater or lesser extent, hoist by own petards; until it is is universally ( maybe that should be globally as I dont envisage many command vacancies in the Starship Enterprise) accepted that we, the aircrew are mobile and that our skill sets go beyond national boundaries, this problem will always exist.

There will always be the case where Mr X is married to a citizen of another country and is therefore entitled to ply his trade there ( my brother being one) but until some great reform comes along is it so unjust to expect any country to limit the number of foreign nationals working within its borders (EU excepted)?

In an ideal world we would all have freedom of movement and the facility to work anywhere; hellfire, we all share the same airspace and belong to the same elite club! It aint us......it's the politicians!

[ 09 January 2002: Message edited by: Vee2 ]</p>