PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted
Thread: Stansted
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2006, 16:49
xxx5572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daz 211

Im not quite sure that you have your facts right on this one, firstly the threat of strikes has been about the pay rise and slight changes in conditions for swissport staff and has nothing to do with the recent events.
And secondly £12000 for staff is a joke and can quickly tell you that that is not what the workers of swissport get.
Also i would like to ask how a strike will achieve any solution of the abuse that check in staff recieve, and from being a check in agent for two years i can gaurantee that it is not all that bad and if you speak to the pax in a civilised way they mostly come to reason politely with you however there are the odd ones that no one can help. I am sure that the check in staff that are complaining about the abuse are not all that innocent in this situations, i have seen all too many times the ticket desk or check in agent get fired up for no reason which automatically gets the pax back up..........resulting in an argument and most of the time the staff come off worst but what do you expect to happen. its just the way that passenger handling is. if they want an easy life go work in call centre.
And also your point of the baggage handlers going on strike because of the extra security checks, again if these rules have been implemented by the dft, caa and so on how can swissport be help responsible??? they can only act on orders.
You are right about there being strike but what you think it is about is completely wrong.