PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2006, 03:40
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im glad you all like my posts... even if they're all about me!

Hi guys

Ok, so it is 1.25 pm on a Saturday afternoon. Today was the last Saturday of training. Only 2 weeks left now Monday to Friday and Monday to Friday. OMG!!!

As you all know - my exam is on Tuesday. Please say a prayer for me on Tuesday cos... I am sooooooo nervous about it all.

Followyourdreams - I am posting this information so that people that are about to go through training school know what to expect. I don't mean to scare anyone, but to be honest with you, it is quite a "full on" course, and yes there are 11 exams to sit - but if you just take one day at a time, you will get through it all. 3 weeks of training down, and all we have done is Normal Procedures, Non -Normal procedures, safety equipment and Emergency procedures. We haven't even started on the service side of things. I wouldn't have a clue on the Virgin Blue service, the food, etc.. etc.. That comes in the last 2 weeks. I wouldn't panic about not hearing anything yet either ... they haven't sent you a rejection letter so thats the main thing. Don't worry - I believe that there will be a training school in October/November - they are probably just waiting for confirmation of the dates before they start sending people for their medicals, so that they don't have to wait too long before they offer people the jobs.

As far as being in our uniforms, My uniform is just the skirt (with the shirt and jumper obviously plus the red coat and the white trench). I didn't go the pants or dress option (as I would need to lose like 50 kilo's to look good in either!!!) The skirt was the most flattering for me, so thats why I chose it. Sometimes I wish we weren't in our uniforms yet... I was kind of hoping that we could be in our uniforms in the last week or so, but it is ok when you don't know what to wear for training!

Virgin Blue Training. Week 3, Day 6. August 19th, 2006 (10 days left)

We did Aviation Medicine part II toay and there wasn't alot of information there, but we did have the exam. There were 25 questions, and I got one wrong. It = 96%. Not too bad. Not alot to say really about today. We learnt stuff like Miscarriage, Child Birth, Chest pains, Angina, and all the symptoms and what to do in these events. It was pretty standard aviation stuff. I just hope I don't get too many medical emergencies on board my flights!

Again, Tuesday is my big final exam, and the day before, Monday we are having our pool day. That is when they make us go in the pool and inflate our life jackets the moment before we step into the pool. From there, we have to get into a life raft that they inflate - it sits on the water's surface and we have to try and get into it. Monday's diary entry (if I actually make one on Monday ) should be quite funny. I am not looking forward to Monday or Tuesday next week.

Anyway, I am off to commence my study for the big exam. I hope all is well, followyourdreams - don't panic. It will happen. I promise.

STF
PS - I edited this post as I had written .. "My uniform is just the skirt" - I added plus the shirt and jumper cos I didn't want you all thinking that I just wore the skirt and nothing else! I realised how funny it looked and changed it. Cheers!