PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2006, 00:05
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey followyourdreams, don't be so hard on yourself! We all hate the waiting game!! At least my case was worse then yours... it was the 14th day, exactly two weeks about my VBRD and I too had been nagging my references, but still nuffin, then that day, the 14th day, I checked my email about lunchtime for like the 5th time that day, and sure enough there was that $^&(_)* email of rejection. I think you're in a way better position then I!! There's still the possibility of a yes, even after almost three weeks, whereas I was shut down on the 14th day.
I too would have to travel exactly 59km to get to the tullamarine, I timed it and all last week when I went to pick up my parents from the airport (they'd gone for a lil holiday in Fiji... word of advice, don't go Fiji, the advertisements are misleading, its a third world country in ever sense, and the poverty evident everywhere outside their hotel boundaries, PLUS they got ripped off hundreds and hundreds of dollars at the markets). So I too would probably have to move... I WANT to move... but I'd have to see.
followyourdreams, I'd give anything to be in your position, and your age. You have such a bigger chance then anyone like me could (well, for the next few years). I don't think anyone can understand the helpless position I feel I'm in, its not my fault I am the age I am. People don't realise it til they see my DOB on my resume or they ask what is my occupation and I say student and they say oh, what university? And I say, no high school.
Now I too probably sound like I'm complaining... but its my thread and so long as no-one abuses anyone verbally on here, we can complain about anything and everthing FA related

STF.... LOVE YOUR POSTS!!!!!!

And it gets me thinking about what to anticipate in about 10yrs time when I'm finally deemed 'old enough'.