PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 18th Aug 2006, 18:01
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thankyou to everyone who has passed on kind words, support and reassurances. i feel so strongly about my belief that ALL aircrew and passengers on hercules should be protected.

there is NO way that ignorance can stand as an acceptable reason for the negliegence shown and blatant disregard for the lives of every airman/woman. in my line of work i claimed ignorance as a reason for the loss of life i would be booted out of my profession quicker than you can say suppositries!

when i wrote to the hierarchy i got nothing back except hot air, platitudes and the party line. i know there are those of us who believe that the lack of foam was intrinsic in the loss of the lives of those ten men on XV179, also understand that there is no way in the world that CAS or anyone else within that structure will ever indicate that was the case. that would be like signing their own discharge papers. remember this though, all because you say that the findings are the way that they are it does'nt make it true. i have so many questions that need to be answered. i am in the process of writing back to those who chose to ignore me again, and those responsible for the letter of nothingness. my questions? look at all that hgas been aforementioned. why did the DAS get cancelled? why does the RAF have to insist that they were unaware of the risks of the plane, when that is simply not true? why was the foam not fitted when the requests date back as far as the eighties? why is there more secrecy around how many planes that will be fitted with foam than is necessary? it's not as if the planes are going to be flying around the sky with a banner saying i've got foam or painted a different colour so that any terrorist can figure out which plane is vunerable. no...this is not done yet. i have so many questions.

i also have the oppurtunity to meet with AOC 2 Gp, which i will sort on my return from holiday. i am away for a week as of tomorrow. on my return i will continue to fight the good fight!