PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zoom Airlines - how not to run customer service
Old 18th Aug 2006, 16:04
GreatCircle

Location: A normal Northern Land, with Uncle Sam's anarchy to the south...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Married a Canadian
I slagged off Zoom on an earlier Airports and Airlines thread...and got shouted down by various people.

Funny how the same problems keep cropping up.

They changed the schedule on my wife (the week of our wedding) so all our onward travel arrangements were shot.
My wife rang them up (a week before she was due to fly) to ask why. The customer service agent hummed and haaed...and then said "weather"....
Hmmmmmmm!!!

When I rang up and told the agent that I worked in the industry...I got a lot of rudeness about how "I should understand the problems of running an airline"

As with Great circle...I do..but the customer service and the lack of product sure keep me away from dem Zoom boys now!!
We'll have spoken unknown to each other...your English accent and my British/Canadian tones are readily identifiable on the R/T!

Z4's a zoo. The cabin staff (FAs to be PC) mean well, seem eager to please, are young (paid nickels) and know they are given crap to do - e.g. carts where trays don't fit; meals fit for the pig-sty, seats that are frayed, trying to sell snacks in Premium (hello? what the heck??? ), operations run on pennies, ambitious schedules and crap T+Cs. A total and utter mess.

The drivers - some have to be ex-3000, will all be good guys...let's hope the Boyles don't squeeze the puss of it (pun fully intended).

AND NOW LADIES AND GENTS - THE LATEST.

Missus Great Circle, aka pissed lawyer, attempts to make contact with Z4, or OOM if you are an ICAO junkie, to discuss her experiences and how Zoom felt about her compensatory proposals.

Got an agent on phone - sorry won't put her through. Letters only. Told her it wasn't her job to listen to complaints. Wife asked for the non-general number, was told they don't give it out. Lady then tells her to "move along please"....Bad move.

Missus Great Circle through dastardly deeds, finds the number of Boyles' Buses in Ottawa, a different number, and makes contact. Receptionist is startled asking how the number was sourced - and gets through to Hughie's office. No joy.

FedEx already on the way to Ottawa with views of her experience, names and seat numbers she collated of those unhappy on Z4 413, copy of their service claims vs. what was received, and a polite request for compensation - and a suggestion to remove misleading crock.

God knows what she'll do next - but I'll happily post instalments here....if you're interested.

Last edited by GreatCircle; 19th Aug 2006 at 21:50.