PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unhygenic PAX
Thread: Unhygenic PAX
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2006, 15:52
GreatCircle

Location: A normal Northern Land, with Uncle Sam's anarchy to the south...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rainboe
Anyone in this state should have been washed before flight and bandaged! She must have been attracting flies! Disgusting behaviour and it should not have been accepted. As far as the groundstaff are concerned, they just want to be shot of the problem as quickly as possible, so all they care about is doing that the easiest way, which is pass them along the system (to the crew!).
I will never forget being met by the groundstaff at JNB who asked the Captain 'a transit passenger coming from Harare was drunk and punched a stewardess in flight. He's settled down now. You'd be willing to take him to LHR, wouldn't you?'. Err..... no, amidst hysterical laughter. You cannot expect the groundstaff to do the right thing- the easiest way to disentangle themselves is to pass the parcel straight to you! I would always go by the recommendation of the senior CC.
Agree with Rainboe. After all a package has to be appropriately dressed for carriage....

Seriously, on a wide body, say with 300 others, you have to think of them all and if this one, poor lady would cause such offense as to make their journey insufferable.

Without knowing all of the facts on this incident, it's hard to make a judgement call, but though it sounds harsh, my judgement based on the limited outline here, would be to off-load her...

Yes, I know I'll go to hell, probably in a handbasket.