PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA recruitment to recommence soon.
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2002, 15:52
mfds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I can confirm that most of the DEP's already in the hold pool during Sept 11th have been offered courses, mostly Airbus, all but a very few have decided to wait for their original long haul slot to come up, which may well be some time. But they have a seniority number and are being paid full basic pay and doing odd jobs around Compass, ie. ex Midland Capt's spending 12 hour days fixing the printers at checkin ! (At least BA honoured their contracts, whilst many airlines were laying people off).. .. .I gave up 6 years seniority with another airline to come to BA in my mid 30's. Its not the great panacea that many people think, don't come with rose tinted spectacles ! BUT it does offer an excellent career structure with above all an excellent final salary pension (I have not heard its gone ?) and retirement at age 55.. .. .What other airline at the very least gives you preferences over rostering choices ? absolute roster stability ? Plus the opportunity to fly a myraid of types and retire as say a 777 captain ?. .With the bulk of the reirement bulge still to come its still the place for long term stability if you are under say 35......... .your's Nigel !. . . . <small>[ 08 March 2002, 11:55: Message edited by: mfds ]</small>