PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving helicopters by Antonov - advice?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2006, 11:49
Blackhawk9

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Jerry, as Rotor Driver said do an inventory of EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING including numbers of tiedown straps, headsets in a/c,toolkits in a/c, etc, unfortunatley all the Helo moves i've been involved with, with AN124's and Ilyushin 76's , if it wasn't bolted down the crew stole it! Seal everything with telltale tape so you can tell what the crew have ratted thru, ensure fuel vents open, cover but don't block pitot/static system, etc, the 206's will just roll in, just tie down blades flat fore/aft and t/rotor blades the t/r blade will clear the roof even vertical, and take blades off AS350 and thats about it, you can fit 6 Blackhawks in a AN124 with the blades folded and t/r blades horizontal so you can fit a sh##load of 206's and AS350s in one, i've prept S70's, AS332's, CH47's ,UH1's , S76's,and 212's for air freight in the Russian a/c and they are great freighters, built in cranes etc which the US C-5 didn't have, an AN124(cargo deck and bay size almost exactly same size as C-5) we loaded years ago had a photo copy of the C-5 loading manual (stolen fron the USAF) with it which had how to load/tie down just about everything in the NATO inventory, so the crew who had not carried Helicopters before just followed the nice simply American instructions, it was very amusing!!