PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2006, 11:14
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hip Hip Hooray!!!

As I said in my Private messages to you Hostee, Congratulations GIRL!!! Group 89 - wow. Thats fantastic. I am in group 86. I only have a couple of weeks left after tomorrow (Saturday) - My huge exam is on Tuesday - and I am not really looking forward to that. Actually thats why I didn't write an entry yesterday (Thursday 17th). Sorry to those people that actually read my silly diary entries - I promise to keep you all in the loop again after the exam.

By the way followyourdreams - don't panic. There should be another training school in October or November this year. At the moment, they are a bit understaffed as it is - so I am sure that they will need all the new recruits they can get.

Oh while I am here, a condensed version of what happened yesterday and today at training

Virgin Blue Training. Week 3 Days 4 and 5. August 17 and 18, 200

Thursday August 17, 2006
Ok, people are starting to crack under the pressure of all the information we are supposed to remember for our exams on Tuesday. At least 2 people said today that they were really thinking of quitting - as they were so super stressed. One girl fell apart totally on the cabin trainer at the Qantas training center and I don't blame her. I also feel the same way. I am so tired all the time now and I am averaging about 5 hours of sleep a night due to all the stress

This afternoon we learnt about how the bidding system works, how much annual leave we can get and how we go about it. I discovered our rosters for the first week of September are already up. I even know who my buddy trainer is going to be! YAY!!! I saw a picture of this person and everything.

Tomorrow we have some real riveting stuff! Aviation Medicine or Aviation First Aid. I am sooooooo over it at the moment. I just need time to study for Tuesday. We have to yell commands and do the actions like open the doors and overwing exits etc... OMG . It will be a real miracle if I pass this exam.

Friday August 18, 2006
Aviation medicine was so so. I nearly fell asleep because I am sooo exhausted by everything. I really can't wait to start working because I know there won't be this much study plus my working day. I am sooooo tired all the time now. We got told today that we are going to be having another exam tomorrow for Aviation First Aid - great. Thats all I need at this stage, another exam!!! I can't take it any more!!!

Tomorrow we are doing more aviation medicine stuff and then we are going to be doing the exam around lunch time. God help me.

Will keep you posted as to how I go with tomorrows exam!

Take Care,

STF

PS - my thought for today. You don't think much of sleep until you don't get any!