PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Socata Reviews ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2006, 11:04
pistongone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The TB10 is a good plane, but the VP Prop will put your maintenance up, and the 180hp engine will put your fuel bills up. Good for long legs, i've flown one over to Spa from Earls Coln. They have a nice one for rent G-TZEE £125/hr wet. I agree that taking one for a spin would be a good idea, and whilst there see if you can get a few questions in with the owner. Personally, i think the best all rounder is a decent 172. Lots of leg room for the pax in the back, fast enough for the money and pretty good for short field. I took one into Lundy 4up! And thats published at 400meters! But if you get out and push it right back into the rocks you can get another 50 and we cleared the 4' wall no problems! Why the desire for something European? Parts for Cessna and Piper are easily aquired and most Engineering shops know them inside out, so what are your percieved advantages of buying European? Whatever you choose, make sure you read and get to know the POH intimately treat every flight like its your first one in it. Do a thourough Pre-Flight even if its only a day since you last flew it! "Familliarity breads contempt".