PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads and the Guild of Air Pilots
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2006, 03:41
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Sooth!

I spend an evening in the Legion Hall drinking pints for a dollar....and spent money like a drunken sailor....to discover upon arriving at me digs that I know royalty.

Congratulations to both fair Whirls and Pat Malone for their well deserved honour of being inducted into the Guild. Whirls I met at Redhill after a short internet relationship and Pat mentored me during my first ever effort at writing an article for a flying magazine. Each are wonderful people and have earned recognition for their acheivements. This makes three folks that I know that are members of the Guild....the other being Flying Lawyer who I shared a cockpit with on a flight from Blackpool to Redhill.

As I consider my flying career....especially the part that includes my experience in the UK, I can honestly say that amongst the notables I have encountered, these three represent what is right about helicopter aviation in the UK. It has been a pleasure and an honour to have known such capable people as these three.

Congratulations Dear Whirls and Pat.....glad to hear of your new membership in the Guild!

Being a furriner to these parts....could someone explain fully the heritage and structure of the Guild? I saw the photos of Flying Lawyer in his fancy robes and such....next to some very aristocratic persons...but I do not fully understand the Guild and its full meaning? It does make one wonder how Fair Whirls, in her gold lame go-go boots, green Bee Hive hairdo, and nine inch nails can be a "Freeman" in the Guild?