PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2006, 00:52
bjkeates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answers to your questions:

1. I very much doubt it. You would take out insurance cover which covers loss of medical certificate. There is a policy which must be taken out to cover this sort of occurrence during the training; I would hope that a similar policy exists for when the training is complete and you're with an airline (can anyone confirm that?) The insurance is expensive, but you'd be foolish not to take it.
(There are exceptions of course - if it's your own fault, e.g. drink-driving, drugs, etc then the policy is void.)

2. There is a difference between a "partner airline" and an airline customer. You're confusing "partner airlines" with "corporate clients". Partner airlines are those who would normally have a contract in place to take cadets and ATPers from CTC's training scheme. Remember CTC offers far more than just the Wings course, there's a whole range of other services it can provide to airlines which are nothing to do with Wings. "Corporate clients" are those airlines which would have taken advantage of such services.

Put it this way, I'm on the course and I don't expect to be getting sent to work in Kuwait or Saudi Arabia for seven years, and I don't think many of the others here do either! I don't think my girlfriend would be too impressed...

EDIT sorry jb, looks like we posted at the same time!