PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2006, 21:15
Pazu888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDeckDave
Pazu,

I'm trying to learn about the history and fleet information about CTC's partner airlines for phase 3 interview, and I'm wondering what sort of questions were asked about them? Also was the interview conducted with lots of questions or just a few more indepth ones and it depended on how you answered the questions and giving you the opportunity to show how much you know. I only ask because I know I'll forget to say stuff when in the interview but come out saying "Why didn't I say that...etc!" But then that goes the same for all interviews I guess, and is just practice.

I learned about when the airlines started, & 5-6 key facts about each one (e.g. Thomsonfly used to be called Britannia), & what aircraft they fly. I wanted to be as prepared as possible, so I made lots of effort in learning all this.

When I got there, the whole interview was about me, how I motivate myself, how I have dealt with certain situations in the past (this is when it's handy to have examples in your head).

The interviewers lead on from what you say, aking what you did, what was the result etc. hence "semi-structured" interview. You do most of the talking, it is your chance to show them what you are like.

I was then asked right at the very end about the aviation industry, and which airline I'd like to fly for ( ), which gave me the chance to show all my knowledge...

I also had a couple of things in my head that I knew I wanted to say and made sure I said them.

Just be as prepared as you feel you need to be, but also be yourself. And don't worry too much about it, the CTC people will make you feel relaxed!