PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 17th Aug 2006, 18:24
Aloon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew getting things through

I'm sure that 'IF' you wanted to, you could get it through...

I have a metal knife, fork and spoon in my locker... Also a leatherman... A radio, a torch and all other things I need to work and eat on my break!! Has my locker been searched?? NO.. Do I care ...NO...

I have access 'if I wanted' to many different dangerous things airside, but I don't have that interest!!! As I'm security cleared, and work everyday airside... Hell, I could drive into a taxiing a/c 'if' I wanted to!!!

But , of course I don't, never will,, but exactly what a laptop or lip balm has to do with this fact I'm not sure!!!

Don't they not realize that ground staff are as professional as aircrew?? Obviously not!! Can't take smokes to work , but everyone is smoking in the smoking area????? 'HELLO'

If this had happened during one of the heat-waves, and I was told I couldn't take sun cream with me, then I'd refuse to work!! Twelve hours in the sun without protection is asking for it!!! Simple as!!! H&S has to stand up to this, otherwise, people can use there rules so as not to work... Causing more delays and grief for pax!!

Last edited by Aloon; 18th Aug 2006 at 17:59.