PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet basing policy
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2006, 16:48
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLE, you have my deepest sympathies at the corrupt and unfair treatment you received. I would not disagree with any of your statements, but I do belive that what I have said is correct in that this is what occurs now. It is most unfortunate that others like yourself had to suffer because of someone else's misguided efforts to look after a mate or whatever, but we should nonetheless rejoice at the considerable progress that has been made since your departure. The issue of new joiners being given preference over current employees has been a totally unacceptable feature of life at easyJet for years - hence my previous reference to things being set in the concrete but the concrete remains wet! Nonetheless, in recent times the shambles of the Transfer List, which was open to overt abuse, has been gradually attacked and what we have now is more transparent. Personally, I would feel considerably happier if both the Transfer and Command lists were available on the intranet, and people could then know exactly where they were on their respective lists. This would remove any doubt as to whether a 'slight of hand' may have taken place - because in the past it certainly did. Nevertheless, this is the classic advantage of a strong BALPA who can hammer away, bit by bit, and sort out the inequalities of life which ultimately make people leave.