PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you imagine if Blair said this?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2006, 14:07
Affirmatron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think those sentiments effectively sum up the way the majority of the British public feel. I also feel the majority of the Muslim comminity feel the same way. If I lived in a foreign country, I'd like to feel that I'd like to integrate into that country, as most of the Muslims do into Britain, so for me the issue is not a religious one. For me its a cultural one, for the small minority of easily-led Muslims who are sold the lie that they will achieve greatness by taking up the cause, and refuse to accept that there can be any other valid belief system (i repeat, a minority).

Make no mistake, this issue is about a minority of Muslims attempting to drive a wedge between Muslims and non-muslims, and the more we alienate the majority of muslims, the larger the easily-led minority will become, as there will be more reason to believe the lies. Perhaps a straight-talking hard-hitting line such as this would remind the Muslim community as a whole that the benefits to being a faithful Briton are there for the taking, but not if that comminity cannot control its minority. If the minority cannot be controlled, the majority will eventually suffer the consequences. Simple common sense.