PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London to Washington Flight diverted to Boston
Old 17th Aug 2006, 10:55
GreatCircle

Location: A normal Northern Land, with Uncle Sam's anarchy to the south...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come Fly The Friendly Skies

...and get restrained into your seat when you are suffering from claustrophobia or some sort of ailment...and get arrested as a result...then have Massport spokespeople concoct blatant lies to create even more paranoia.

And of course, the part time, National Guard pilots, with their itchy fingers get scrambled in the process to add some good old Hollywood-esque drama to the plot.

Yes, tongue in cheek, but a very sad indictment of the state of affairs we now live in.

As a professional aviator who knows using my own common-sense, 99.999999999 per cent of customers are fine - it's likely the crew training needs modified from this sort of behaviour.

In terms of BOAC's comment on the nonsense local and overseas crews have to endure when reporting for duty, I agree, the fiasco needs sorting pronto...off on another LGW sector next week, and looking forward to it like a hole in the head if my experience is going to be like what I endured last time...

Friendly Skies?....not anytime soon!

Last edited by GreatCircle; 17th Aug 2006 at 11:08.