PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Navy sells White Ensign as 'cool' brand
Old 16th Aug 2006, 21:56
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh God.....another PR masterstroke. I doubt if they have carried out any market research (well, outside of the clubs and private schools anyway), and this is destined to die a quiet death. Considering we spent lots and lots of £ letting a design company redesign the flag, when they could have paid my 11 year old to do the same job, don't hold your breath for anything half decent to come out of this.

Still, perhaps the Gay Pride rallies might be a starting point for merchandise, once they have sold out of the Paul Smith t-shirts...! How they plan on stopping the RN logo appearing at rallies, etc, that they consider unsuitable, I don't know - it took them long enough to let guys march in uniform at the Pride marches, can you imagine if the ensign turns up at a BNP rally?

I can see the RM logo doing well on some stuff as Capt Warren says, but are you really going to want a White Ensign on the back of your boxers?