PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2006, 11:45
EUAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeeDave unlike you I am not bitter and twisted! AGP market from MSE does not need a genious to figure out, just need figures to hand, i.e. look to book figures, internet page view figures etc etc.- no crystal ball necessary!- but then I will also agree figures are like statistics, great on paper but don't always run true in practice.
Sine you know it was a HUGE amount of seats sir, can you put a figure on that?? The figure 50% is also amazing, as all airlines that I have ever worked for are constantly changing their quantities of sale seats, both up and down depending on markets on a daily basis!! However i don't deny that you were told that- and as you have already stated some routes perfromed worse than others, so therefor could 'afford', in the broadest sense, to have more cheap seats!
Seguro are a tour operator with a tiny customer base of Scottish clients- I am talking about a large group of the smaller ones, eg Seguro, and then the big boys- First Choice etc.
'Bums on Seats' has always been the theory, and of course is predominantly correct, however I know of anumber of FR routes which aren't filling up and are still making money due to clever bargaining by O'LearyAir Snr Management!

It's always amazing how people want to finish a topic after they write something, again, without backing up what they say, bar being a disgruntled shareholder- BTW I know what you mean- I lost over £4K of my share worth yesterday when some of mine slid- but that is the nature of the beast, and I won't complain!!

BTW this is the Manston thread and EUjet are and will always be a piece of MSE history so will be posted on this thread- I suggest you start a 'Manston- but not EUJet' thread! Now i am finished on the subject!