PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2006, 09:06
DB6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting and worldly comments justifying a recruitment policy based on financial considerations. Now consider this: Given that Loganair's problem is not in attracting F/Os but in keeping experienced captains and training captains, and that a significant proportion of training captains have left because of lifestyle/workload issues, how does a recruitment policy based not on suitability but on ability/gullibilty/willingness to pay for your own training help matters? I agree that training costs have to be contained and I have to say I personally look with some disdain upon those who leave before their bond/loan period is over (old fashioned I know but there we are), however I cannot see how there is any incentive for those who have taken on an even bigger loan to pay for their training than normal to do anything but leave at the earliest opportunity for a higher paying job in order to pay that loan off faster. I suppose that when people realise that not only do you have to pay for your own training but when you do get a job you will be paid a relatively low salary and only fly 4-500 hours a year rather than 900 then applications will slow down but that will only make the initial screening of CVs easier, it won't keep pilots on once they are able to leave. Maybe a non-reducing bond would, but I really don't see how paying for your TR will. What it may well do is increase the burden on the training department to such an extent that more training captains will think enough is enough and give up the struggle for an easier life elsewhere . I hope I'm wrong but I can't see how.